83 Part 2

 Part II: During Pregnancy


\Please if you haven’t read 83 (Life before conception) I suggest you read it before reading this part.
I awoke in the midst of darkness. I tried opening my eyes but it was as if they were glued shut. Worst of all I couldn’t speak.
But wait, what’s that attached to my stomach?
I tried to wriggle so as to get it off me but it still won’t budge.
    “Uhhh!!! Seriously??” I thought to myself. “Could this day get any worse?”
    “83??!!?? Is that you” called a tiny voice in my head. Ohh!! So now I’m hearing voices. I must be out of my mind.
    “83, it’s me 84!” said the tiny voice again. Yeah right!!!
Suddenly it all came back in a flash. Shimayim, 84, Madam B. Oh My God!! I’m on Earth!!!!! Yaayy!!
    “84, is that you??” I tried reaching out using my thoughts, feeling crazier by the second.
    “Owwww.. so now you acknowledge my presence” she spat. I could just picture her face right now, typical 84. “What took you so long? I thought something happened to you.” she continued.
    “I guess I just woke up. Do you remember anything? Where are we? And why do I feel so numb?” I asked.
    “Well duuhhh!!! Unlike you, I paid attention in class.” I could literarily see her rolling her eyes at me. One day, those eyes will roll to the back of her head and never come back. “We are in the WOMB!!!”
    “Uhhmmm… what is that?” At this point I was lost. No wonder Madam B was always hard on me. What if I was all alone in here? I would have died of a panic attack.
    “Of all people to get stuck in here with, why you????” she wailed dramatically. “Anyways, the womb is where the baby stays during pregnancy, …….” Blah, blah, blah She talked for hours. It was torture. I could feel my tiny brain burning up from processing too much information and most of all, from her tiny voice in my head.
    “Are you listening to me?” she asked, snapping me out of my trance. “Yes momma” I replied even though I knew deep down, I didn’t really care what she was saying. She was here with me, what could possibly go wrong?
    “But wait, how are we talking to each other anyway?” I asked. I just needed someone to confirm that I was perfectly sane.
    “I don’t know. I guess it’s something twins do in the womb. Besides we are linked somehow by this cord.”
    “Oh you mean this leech??!!! It is sucking something out of me and pushing it back in. Oh my God!! Am I going to die??” I asked, panicking.
    “O God no!! It’s called the umbilical cord dumbass!! How would you know when you spent all day-dreaming instead of listening in class.” She snapped. Making me feel like a complete idiot.
Suddenly, I heard a voice. It was the sweetest voice ever. She was singing so beautifully that it shut 84 up. Then I felt it. A soothing warmth. The feeling of love and total security. It was Mummy!!! The music was so beautiful it lolled me to sleep. A sweet beautiful sleep with princes and unicorns. I know, I know. A girl’s gat to dream about fairytales.

Fast forward to 7 months later….

    “Oh No, you did not just kick me!!!!” 84 shouted. I knew she was boiling with rage already. I could feel the liquid around me rising in temperature. But what can I say, I loved it!!! It was like soaking in a hot tub.
So, we’ve spent about seven months in our mini prison cell and my cellmate has been nothing but annoying. Well, a few months ago, I was given my legs back. I could turn, stretch and most of all, KICK!!! And I did that very well, maybe I was born to be a footballer. Sometimes I kick Mummy’s belly and in response, she laughs, rubs her belly and sings that song. O how happy I was. It was living in a second heaven.
It was a beautiful day, Mummy was singing to us, I placed my leg the wall of Mummy’s belly and she poked my tiny feet. I placed it on another side and she poked it again.
    “84, put your leg against mummy’s belly. She’ll poke you” I said feeling excited. 84 did as she was told and soon she was laughing. Mummy was playing with us.
    “I can’t wait to get out of here. Imagine the fun things we’ll do. Imagine Mummy playing with us for real.” 84 said as she relaxed. Probably day dreaming.
    I kicked her, snapping her out of her sweet dream. I’m not evil, just so you know. “Someone is day dreaming” I said, smirking mentally. I could feel the liquid getting warmer around me. “Someone is angrryyy.” I singsonged.
Then it happened. I head a loud thud. Then everything began to shake. I felt Mummy holding her belly. She was crying. Then I felt a sharp pain. It was as if our prison cell was being hit by a wrecking ball. Then it came again. Mummy was screaming now. The liquid around me was now thicker. Is that blood? Suddenly I remembered, 84!!!!
    “84??!!!??” I screamed, trying to reach her. “Are you alright?” There was no response. “84, answer me!!!!”


84’s point of view:

When 83 kicked me, I wanted to kick her back but I wanted to be the angel in the two of us since she was definitely going to be the problem child. I ignored her and decided to bask in the warmth of the liquid surrounding us. Then it happened. There was a loud thud. It was like the apocalypse. The pain, the confusion. Suddenly, it hit me. The force was so much, it sent me spiraling all over the womb. Then, the placenta connecting me to Mummy detached. I felt our bond break. 
I couldn’t breathe, I could here 83’s faint voice calling out to me. The pain was unbearable. I tried to reach out to her but to no avail. The liquid around us was getting thicker. Blood??
I could hear Mummy screaming and crying. It broke my heart that I might never get to see her face and hear her beautiful voice one more time. I felt the darkness taking over me, I slowly started to relax, allowing the darkness take over me.
    “I’m so sorry 83” I said, before slipping away into the darkness.

83’s point of view:

I woke up crying, wait my mouth was open????!!! I tried to open my eyes and they did open. I looked around me and I discovered I was in a glass box, a lot of tubes were attached to me. And the best of all was that the leech was gone. Haahh!!! Freedom.
Wait, where’s 84?
    “84??” I called out. No answer. I tried again and again but no answer. I looked around me and I saw someone looking back at me with tears in her eyes. When she saw me looking at her, she smiled. Mummy?? She was beautiful. Her eyes were filled with love, her smile was just as I pictured it.
Then a man in white came out of nowhere and placed his hand on Mummy’s shoulders.
      “She’s finally awake. We’ll take her out of the incubator and run a few tests on her. After that, you can take her home. She’s really lucky to be alive.” The man said. Mummy sniffed and thanked him.
A woman in white opened the glass box, “incubator”, and carried me out. She handed me to Mummy. Mummy hugged me so tight I thought my tiny fragile ribs were going to crack. She pulled me away from her chest and smiled at me once more with tears in her eyes.
    “Mummy, where’s 84?? Is she okay? Is she safe?” I cried, but no words came out. Mummy suddenly burst out in tears as if she heard what I said. The woman in white came back and carried me from Mummy. Another woman in white hugged Mummy and stroked her hair. I cried as the woman in white carried me away into another room.
    “Where is 84? Why wasn’t Mummy with her? Why can’t I reach her? Oh my God, Is she dead?”

Heyyyy!!! Hope you guys enjoyed this part.
Please feel free to comment your thoughts and don’t forget to subscribe and share. Thanks

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

83

My Struggle with 4b hair

World Cup 2018